Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful.

Holidays are hard sometimes. For people...I doubt so much for sheep. Distance and time and logistics sometimes get in the way of my family being together during the holidays, and lately it's because I am the only one who lives far away from the rest and cannot always make it to holiday central, which is in Georgia. It's a long way from Maine. This year will be one of those years.
And, so it goes. It makes me appreciate the times we are together that much more. It also reminds me that many families are together for that one day (or two) and not too close the other 364; not mine, and if I had to choose, it would be to be very close for all 365 and just absent in the physical sense for a day or two.
Bill. Heading to Shearbrooke Farm! Thankful...
So, this one has nothing to do with sheep, but everything to do with the shepherd. Thanks to all you people who I don't know for reading this blog...how crazy to think you're out there in India (who are you?) and Russia (you, too?) reading about this little life on a little farm in little Maine. And, thanks to my family and friends who have been reading these words and giving me encouragement. It's been a wild and wooly trip so far, and I am deeply thankful for the chance to live this peaceful life. And thankful for the chance to share a little of it here. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment