Monday, July 19, 2010

It Takes a Village...

Yesterday morning, I went out to the store early and got home to discover two of the sheep had escaped. One neighbor, a favorite and Bill-the-ram's namesake, had called to alert me, and another stopped after calling as well. In a nutshell, a man I've never met stopped to help and the two of them managed to get the ewes back into the pasture. I am so thankful to live in a community where people care and actually go out of their way to help others - even when the others are sheep. Needless to say, yesterday afternoon was dedicated to mending fences and securing weak spots. I wish I could teach the sheep that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Until then, I'll be keeping a closer eye on the fencing and appreciating all of the wonderful people around me. Thank you Monica and Best-of-Everything man for helping us!

No comments:

Post a Comment