Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Playing with Wool


Enjoyed a full day of playing with wool on Monday with my dear friend Lori. She brought all kinds of supplies from Worcester and we picked a bunch of goldenrod to experiment with. The colors are incredible - with the white wool turning a beautiful mustard color and the oatmeal wool turning a khaki shade. Thoroughly enjoyed learning about the process of dying and even moreso learning from a special friend who shares the passion for fiber...and sheep...and gardening...and good beer...and yummy food. It was truly a special day and one I will remember for many many years. I'm now harvesting lichen on my morning walks and collecting japanese beetles to dry and grind up for using in future dye day play. Good to be reminded how important it is to play and to honor that artistic, creative part of me. Thank you, Lori, for everything!

3 comments:

  1. I also share a passion for fiber although it may be of a different variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the public appreciation. It was a grand day, and very good for my soul. More of it to come!

    Working with some carrot tops this week in my cast iron pot. Iron "saddens" colors, so expecting a very grey-green out of the experiment.

    Also picking like crazy! It's an obsession!

    ReplyDelete