Sunday, October 24, 2010

Patience

Girl's Best Friend
Patience has never been one of my virtues. And, the older I get the less it seems like a priority but the more it seems like a necessity.
Some bumpy days recently at the Salty Ewe with predators of the two-legged variety. The bored and high species of the mayonnaiseland dinkuseructus adolescent struck in the night and broke into the barn. None too original given last year's visit from a similar species.
Learning to be patient this late in life is certainly a challenge, but I know for a fact that you can indeed teach old dogs new tricks, and so I am preparing myself for the Salty Ewe Challenge. Patience must rule in moments like these, and keeping an even keel for the flock is what a good shepherd must do. So, a dose of reality for today on the blog and at the farm. Keeping it honest and seriously considering a guard animal. With very sharp teeth.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you have to deal w/ that. No wonder you would rather spend your time w/ sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for a new sharp-toothed deterant. Thoughtful reflections, as ever.

    ReplyDelete