Friday, October 8, 2010

Smiling Sheep

Yesterday, I opened up the fence and let some of the sheep wander into my garden to do some end of the season weeding and lawn mowing between the raised beds. They were in heaven. These Babydoll sheep look like they're smiling all the time anyway, but the satiated looks on their faces as they munched away on carrot tops, turnip greens and various other leafy tidbits was priceless. This picture of Bill when he was just a few days old is one of my favorites - his smile is so evident in this shot (but his eyes are not really blue).

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend here in Maine, and it's a long one with Columbus Day on Monday. Lots to do around the farmette and hoping to get in one last farmers' market tomorrow morning. Planning to also put in all the storm windows and try to move some perennials around, too.
The changing of the seasons always catches me off guard a little - maybe because it happens whether I'm ready or not. Such is life - here at the Salty Ewe and everywhere else, too, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment