Sunday, March 27, 2011

Elusive Spring

The sun is out but we're not reaching forty degrees this weekend in Maine. Spring is as elusive as ever. Saw some crocus popping up yesterday on my way to get some hay, and the robins are back. Heard a lone goose the other night (wondered if his air controller had fallen asleep). There are baby animals everywhere and the days are getting longer - all signs of the season. But the air feels like winter.

The lambs soaking up spring sun

The lambs love soaking in the sun and sleeping outside together, either in pairs or all in a pile together...sometimes next to or on top of their moms. The small pen that was Bill's has made a perfect area for them to run around in and yet stay safe. They're growing quickly and will move out to the big field in late April. After Easter and Passover.

standing still...a rarity

And, an explanation on the "ready or not" post for anyone who wondered what prompted the post. This blogging is a creative outlet for me but also a constant balancing act around what's public and what's private. When I try to meld the two, it's not always successful. So, the post was my response to my experience of almost adopting a puppy. After crazy excitement and preparation for a pup I had bought from a rescue group came extreme sadness and disappointment. I never did pick her up; the pup died. I am waiting for a refund. Her name was Spring. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about "Spring" and I hope Spring comes your way soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, emotional sentiments.

    ReplyDelete