Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Snow

After a few days of sun and relative warmth, we're having snow on the second day of spring. Poor man's fertilizer is what I remember my grandmothers calling snow this late in the winter. I'll take it, but only because the ground is still visible and green is beginning to push up from the dirt. My garlic is up. Only an inch or two, but the straight little rows look a lot better than last spring - hopefully whatever got into the garlic bed has left the neighborhood.

Bella and her babies
The lambs are all well and moms are fine, too. I've let them all out into the small pen while at home over the weekend, and it's great to see them bouncing and bounding everywhere. The only way I can tell them apart is because they stick close to their respective mothers, and so until they get their tags in a week or so, I have no idea who's who. This isn't helped by the fact that I still have no names for Callie's twins - there's something to be said for knowing the names even if you can't tell one from another.
After the ear nibbling

2 comments:

  1. We can't wait to meet the new lambs! Photos are great and blog is fun to read.

    Regards,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you! When?!

    ReplyDelete