Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hopeful

I have finished knitting for the season - just can't bring myself to knit now with anything other than my babydoll yarns, and I have run out. Will be shipping off a sample of roving to the Hope Spinnery this afternoon to see if the fiber is acceptable to him (question is whether it is too fine for his machinery). I am feeling hopeful and eager to hear his feedback.
It would be wonderful to establish a working relationship with a Maine mill, and I really like everything that I have read about the Hope Spinnery. They use wind power and environmentally friendly dyes, and the products that I saw at the Common Ground Fair were gorgeous. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will accept my fibers and spin for me.
This hat was finished using a lot of leftover bits and pieces of wool, and while I love the final product, the hat is primarily Jacob wool; it itches my head. I have become so accustomed to wearing the soft, non-scratchy babydoll wool on my head that everything else feels too rough.
Monkeytown Camo
So, it will be exciting to get more yarn spun. I hope that the sample I send up will be enough for him to determine if my sheep's wool will work for him, and even more hopeful that he'll agree to process my wool for me in the future.
some captivating hambone models wearing salty ewe hats...hotlanta style

1 comment:

  1. I will be sporting my hat while skiing in cali. this next week. I wonder how many folks comment on it. thanks

    ReplyDelete