Friday, September 2, 2011

Getting There

Half- ounce balls of natural roving for Camp Wool!
It's been an exciting day for the salty shepherd and The Salty Ewe; the sheep's roving is going to be carried in a local store called Camp Wool. After communicating a bit with the owner, Leanne, we met this morning in her amazing shop in Lower Village and she agreed to take some of the roving! It's a thrilling day. After ten years of raising sheep and learning more things than I'd ever imagined I would, it finally feels official.
The shop is incredible. She's been there for two years or more, and from what I saw in the time I was there, the shop is very busy. From unbelievable original designs (From Hand to Heart-My Garden was especially impressive) to a book full of amazing designs by a woman in town who has run Crow Hill Primitives, the shop is full of wooly eye candy. It smelled good, too. Wool. Everywhere, there was wool.
I left Leanne with two of my favorite images of the lambs - Maya as a wee lamb and the lambs heading out one spring morning - and will return next week with a basket or box of roving. It will be another day to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment