Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hats

Christmas Hat 2010
I haven't added up the numbers yet (no great surprise there), but all of the hats that I had knitted up were either sold, bartered or given as gifts by me. I actually ended up needing to do a few special orders, which was great fun. Knitting the one pictured here was especially enjoyable...

I had saved my mom one of the few hats with the light blue wool, since I thought that those colors would work for her. And, my dad's has a wide, green stripe - as close to Dartmouth green as I could get. My brother's was being finished on Christmas morning (while he watched). His has some more detailed stripes and a mustardy wide stripe, and I thought it looked great on him. Atlanta has had winter weather lately and thought the hats would be a warm reminder and thoughtful gift. Hand made gifts are always special - and my skills have improved a little since the days of string, glue, glitter and big clay medallions.
My nephews both said they would wear them, too, so I am going to knit up two more for them soon. The yarn supply has been practically depleted and so getting more spun is a priority. On the list of things to do in 2011 - find a spinner. I'm looking forward to more dyeing this summer and having an even wider selection of colors and hats for 2011 holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment