Sunday, January 23, 2011

Loki and Odin

Loki and Odin, 6 weeks old
staying warm today
It's been two years now since Loki and Odin came to the Salty Ewe to live, and when I think back to the time when I went to see them for the first time and then the excitement of going to pick them up and bring them home, the feelings make it seem like it was just weeks ago. Not years.


Getting two was a great thing - for them as well as for me. I didn't know it when I picked them out, but they were the two boy kittens from the litter who always cuddled together and played together. When I went to pick them up, their human mom told me this; it's made having them and keeping them together so much more special.

As I start looking into options for selling some of the sheep, it's hard not to consider this chum thing. There are lambs who love to play with one another but also ewes who would probably like to stay with their lambs. Or, maybe I am projecting too much. Whatever combinations end up going together, I know that I am going to try to do as thorough a job as Loki and Odin's humans did in selecting homes for them. Eager to see what kind of response my letter gets from the vineyards that will be receiving it in the coming weeks. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment