Tuesday, February 22, 2011

getting closer

good snowy morning
Woke to a beautiful snow yesterday morning - just enough to cover up dirty snow and slick ice patches. The sheep are still not wandering outside of the paths that I have cut for them, so although we've had some melting and minimal amounts of new snow, there is still a pretty deep pack out there. I am starting to really look forward to seeing some green (even brown would do) and smelling earth again. The winter has been long.
The two pregnant ewes are really starting to show now. I caught this great shot yesterday - Bella's balancing is impressive, and her lamb(s) look a lot more pronounced in that position. And, Callie just looks round. Will take a closer look at the calendar and also recheck their bellies/udders this afternoon to get a clearer idea of when the lambs might arrive. I definitely do not take this part as seriously as many other sheep people I have met. Not sure what that might say about anything. You have to choose your battles as a shepherd, too. Animal behavior and human behavior...more lessons to be learned.
my first two babydolls - bella and callie

No comments:

Post a Comment