Monday, February 14, 2011

Special Hat

Another special order hat

It felt great to pick up my knitting needles again this past weekend after a few weeks away from knitting; my time has been so focused on animal care and tending to everyone's health and dietary needs that I neglected my own needs to a degree. The knitting is so therapeutic for me that it is surprising that I did not even reach for the sticks at all in the past month or so.
I received an order for a special hat a few weeks ago and thought that I had one that fit the bill, but I ended up knitting this one up with the remaining yarns that I have left; and, I love the final result. Some babydoll fleece on top and bottom and jacob in the middle, all naturally dyed and hand spun, this hat will be shipped off later on today and will hopefully surprise its recipient when it arrives.
Getting the special orders is great fun for me, and I thoroughly enjoy knitting with purpose and with a person in mind. This one felt a little more personal and definitely more poignant for me since it was the first hat that I knit since saying goodbye to Beate, but the love and sentiment that I put into the hat definitely helped to assuage the pain of that goodbye.
Hopefully, I can get some of the people who are wearing the Salty Ewe hats to model them for me in photographs so that I can share them with you here on the blog. Hint, hint to those to whom that may apply...

No comments:

Post a Comment