Saturday, February 26, 2011

One hundred one

snowflakes on wool
Feels like we have had 101" of snow. But, really, this is my 101st post to the blog. Felt like there should be some prize or something. My prize is in the writing - am enjoying the blogging way more than I ever expected. Knowing there are people reading it from various corners of the world (hello you people!) is a little strange sometimes - since I know no one in some of the countries where I see I have readers - but it's a great way to keep family and friends abreast of the little happenings in my life.

The snow came down yesterday, off and on, all day. We also had rain, freezing rain and sleet. The sheep were out for a while in the morning before it turned to ice and rain, but then I shut the doors and kept them in for the rest of the day. This morning, the barn doors were frozen shut again. Poor design on my part, as the sloped roof dumps whatever snow accumulates on it right in front of the sliding doors - and, in weather like this, the track can and will get jammed up. Some days are easier than others to get it open. Just like life.

Callie has been in a pushing position two of the past three mornings when I have gone down to let them out, and when I felt her udder yesterday afternoon, it had definitely grown and firmed up. And, Bella is starting to lay around a lot more. If all goes as planned (ha! have I learned nothing?), then we'll have some new additions in a week or so. Hoping all goes smoothly - as it has in past years. These babydolls are great mothers and all of their lambs have been healthy, hardy little things. May we be blessed with more of the same this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment