Wednesday, September 15, 2010

After the Rain

rainbow over the salty ewe
We've had some beautiful weather in Maine during the past several months, and even when we have had some rain come through it does not seem to stay around too long. Last week, there was an incredible double rainbow that stretched across all of Cape Porpoise Harbor and felt like it was gracing the Salty Ewe, too. People pulled their cars over on the side of the road to take pictures and to just soak in the view. Nice to see people stopping to take in nature. No matter how many rainbows I have seen in my life, they always amaze me and force me to pause to enjoy their beauty. I stood for about fifteen minutes watching the colors fade and then return, listening to the birds and to the foghorns. It ended up being a really beautiful late afternoon. The double part of the rainbow lasted a long time, and as far as rainbows go, it was brilliant and deep.  I almost wanted to jump in the truck to drive down to the pier to see if I could see the very end of the rainbow, sinking into the sea. But, I didn't.
I was still; and I soaked in the view from my own yard. Not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment