Sunday, August 15, 2010

Passion

When I think about following one's passion, it dawned on me that sometimes it takes a while to figure out exactly what that means. "Follow your Passion"... I have a magnet on my fridge that reminds me of this each time I look at it, but it's taken me a while to figure it out. Raising the sheep for almost ten years now, it's pretty clear to me that this is a passion; I never would have known that, though, unless I had tried it and stuck with it for a while. The evolution of the Salty Ewe Farm has taken some time, and my new interest in dyeing is exciting because it already feels like another passion. The way I look at colors in nature is different now. The way I look at nature is different. Weeds have become potential rainbows and inspiration is everywhere. No coincidence that my passion plant bloomed this morning for the first time all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment