Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rain, Finally!

We are finally having some rain. Yesterday, it rained on and off, lightly, pretty much all day long. Today is cloudy and windy, with heavy rains coming in tonight and tomorrow. The creek will get too high for the sheep to jump over it, but this morning they were all over in the back field again. Beate and I took our walk around the field, checking fences and keeping an eye open for deer and turkeys. Didn't see either, but did see a grey fox. So did Loki, the fearless cat. It was a funny and scary sight at the same time to see the cat taking off in hot pursuit of the fox, who ran as fast as it could to get away from Loki. I keep telling the cat that it's not a good idea to chase foxes, but for some reason I do not think he's listening to me. The sheep were oblivious to the entire event, which lasted a whole 30 seconds. They kept grazing and grazing without a care in the world. Only when I took out the camera and tried to take some pictures of them did they start to run. I guess they're camera shy?

1 comment:

  1. Fox-chasing cats are rare, indeed! I'd like to see that on YouTube! Must get you a videocam for such priceless moments.

    ReplyDelete