Saturday, August 28, 2010

Salty Ewe Knit Lids


The Wagner Women!
Last Christmas, my good friend and reliable, stand-in shepherd Jed was really kind and bought a dozen of my hats to give as gifts. I love that every year he tries to support local people in his shopping, and I was so thankful to have his holiday business last year. This photo was shared with me by his significant other, Jessica. He gave her a hat made from my old Jacobs, dyed naturally with plants, and Rollie's beautiful brown. He knew and cared for my Jacobs and so he wanted Jessica to have a hat that was made from all of the sheep at the Salty Ewe. Her sister and mom received hats that are 100% babydoll - the sisters' hats are knit from Callie's gorgeous oatmeal wool, some dyed with cherry kool-aid, and her mom was given one that was knit from Bella and Callie. It's a beautiful picture, and I love that they modeled them so perfectly for this shot...the winter wonderland in the background frames their happy faces with more natural beauty. And, don't they look warm in their Salty Ewe Knit Lids? Many people who have sensitivity to wool have found the babydoll to be much more comfortable than more common wool fibers, which is an added bonus to these amazing little sheep. I never find myself pulling off my hat to itch my forehead when I wear mine, which is something that happens often when I wear wool hats. So, thanks so much to Jed and Jessica, and to her beautiful family, for sharing this shot. Going to start knitting the 2010 series as soon as we start having more fall like weather...tough to do it when it's 85 and sunny! Working on getting them into a shop in Kennebunkport but will have them available online if that does not work out. Will keep you posted. It's going to be hat season again soon enough!

1 comment: